Hemp Seed Powder: The Ultimate Plant Protein
by Ananta Hemp Works
Vol No. 8 | July 11th 2022
Are you on an expedition trying to turn vegan? How far are you tired of trying all the vegan tofu and soya paneer? Don’t you want to know what is beyond these commodities? Are there any alternatives? This is where the potent power of the ultimate plant protein, hemp, comes to your rescue!
Turning vegan is the new go.
Due to the mass destruction of many species to quench our never-ending hunger, many of us have now opted to shift to a much healthier and more sustainable pattern of living, by simply choosing vegan opportunities. Often, what is lacking in the vegan lifestyle is the perfect plant protein that equals or replaces the goodness of animal protein. While vegetarians have been on this hunt for almost a decade, from shifting to vegan tofu, soya milk paneer and other options, nothing has come up with wonderful results.
Until the introduction of Hemp
Hemp, also known as vijaya, is the best-known plant protein now available to man. All physiological functions in the body require protein. Many people who care about their health are aware that protein is crucial, but they don’t know how or why. Part of this is due to the numerous misconceptions about this important building block, notably in the nutrition and weight loss communities.
Advantages of Hemp as the plant protein: Nutritional value
One remarkable aspect of hemp’s composition is that it is a rich source of plant protein. Many vegans and vegetarians suffer from protein shortages, with their plant protein sources largely limited to pulses. However, hemp contains the same amount, if not slightly more, as meat. This is hemp’s defining characteristic, particularly in terms of muscular growth and development.
The protein content of plant foods is influenced by the cultivator, environment, and grade of processing, which explains variabilities between various studies
- Recent studies in this field have shown that hemp is a great source of plant protein and also easier for digestion.
- It is also found to be a rich source of all major and minor minerals.
- Good source of dietary fibre as well.
Benefits of Hemp Seed Powder
Protein for weight loss
Yes, you read that right! The right protein is a great method for weight loss. When animal protein is used for consumption, the protein is also combined with unsaturated and saturated fatty acids, which increases the bulk and also tends to increase the weight of an individual. The plant protein of hemp, on the other hand, is a potent source of dietary fibre which slows the rate of digestion and reduces the constant episodes of hunger. Therefore, fat stored in the body would be utilised and your dream of weight loss would also be initialized
Hemp Protein v/s Whey: A Comparison
Here is why you should consider hemp instead of whey protein for your dietary requirements.
- Hemp protein is a plant-based protein that is easy for the body to digest and is also suitable for vegans. Whey protein, on the other hand, is an animal-based protein, making it less suitable for vegans and lactose-intolerant people.
- While hemp protein contains only unsaturated lipids, which are good for bowel management and illness prevention, whey protein contains saturated fats as well as cholesterol, which has the opposite effect.
- Hemp protein powder is isolated without the use of any chemicals or processing processes, keeping it more natural. When it comes to whey protein, however, manufacturers utilize a hexane chemical agent to achieve a high protein concentration and isolate lactose.
How to use Hemp Seed Powder
Hemp seed powder is the best plant-based protein that can be used almost every day in your regular diet. It contains all 20 amino acids that enhance optimal muscle development. If you’re feeling down these days, exchange your daily dose of caffeine with hemp seed powder, which offers twice the amount of energy as regular carbs.
When choosing hemp seed powder always look for a product that is certified organic and that does not contain any artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners. Read our guide to buy hemp protein powder online.
Dosage: Add a few teaspoons to your favourite smoothies, salads, or shakes as you please. You may even combine them in your soups or favourite beverages.