Uses of Hemp
- Used to make rope and cords due to great tensile strength
- Nutrition – Hemp Seeds are a rich source of nutrients, the seeds can be eaten raw and or used to make milk, oil, cheese or protein powder.
- Cosmetics – Hemp seed oil as used as an emollient and to supply skin with omega fatty acids it needs to replenish itself and strengthen it’s surface against moisture loss.
- Medicine – Vast application in numerous products from pain management, stress relief, sleep improvement, e.t.c
- Used to make shoes of good comfort and durability.
- Hemp fuel: Biofuel, form of cellulosic ethanol.
- Hemp Crete (mixture of hemp and lime): Used as a material for insulation and construction.
- Used as substitute for plastic and is currently used in Legos, car parts, and body armour.
- Used in textiles and clothing is one of the most common ways to use it.
- Paper can be made from either the long bast fiber (hurd) or the short bast fiber (pulp) of the hemp plant.